CS/HB 1267: Telephone Solicitation
GENERAL BILL by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Killebrew ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) White
Telephone Solicitation; Authorizes telecommunication providers to block certain calls; prohibits blocking of certain calls; authorizes telecommunication providers to rely upon caller identification service information to determine originating numbers for purpose of blocking such calls.
Last Action: 3/14/2018 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 110
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 339
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 413
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 407
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/01/18, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 488
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 488
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 650
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 650
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 418
• Received -SJ 418
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 690
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 690
• Substituted for CS/SB 962 -SJ 690
• Read 2nd time -SJ 690
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 770
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 770
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1020
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.