CS/SB 1282: Residential Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Taddeo
Residential Property Insurance; Revising a mandatory homeowner’s insurance policy disclosure regarding the absence of law and ordinance and flood insurance coverage; requiring insurers issuing such policies to include the disclosure with the policy documents upon the initial issuance of the policy and each renewal, etc.
Last Action: 3/1/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1011 (Ch. 2018-63) -SJ 429
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/30/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 245
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/13/18, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Rules -SJ 347
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 429
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1011 -SJ 429
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1011 (Ch. 2018-63) -SJ 429
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.