CS/SB 1388: Preapprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Garcia
Preapprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs; Establishing the Task Force on Apprenticeship Expansion within the Department of Economic Opportunity; requiring the department and the Department of Education to provide specified assistance to the task force; requiring the task force to submit a report to the Governor and Legislature by a specified date, etc.
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 163
• Introduced -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 245
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 261
• Now in Rules -SJ 261
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.