CS/SB 1548: K-12 Student Safety
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Book
K-12 Student Safety; Prohibiting certain teachers from receiving bonuses related to specified FTE student membership calculations; requiring certified educators to inform their employers within a specified time period after being arrested for, rather than convicted of, certain offenses, etc.
Last Action: 2/6/2018 Senate - Now in Appropriations -SJ 295
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 176
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 176
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 224
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/06/18, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 295
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 295
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.