CS/SB 1628: Workplace Harassment
Workplace Harassment; Revising requirements for rules governing the registration of lobbyists who lobby the Legislature; specifying the policy of the state regarding the prohibition against workplace harassment and sexual harassment; revising requirements for registration of lobbyists who register to lobby before the executive branch or the Constitution Revision Commission; requiring the Commission on Ethics to report findings and recommendations to the proper disciplinary official or body upon finding certain violations of law, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 183
• Introduced -SJ 182
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/30/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 246
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 243
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 977
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 977
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/18 -SJ 977
• Read 2nd time -SJ 982
• Amendment(s) adopted (479972) -SJ 982
• Read 3rd time -SJ 984
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 984
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 1135
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1135
• Amendment(s) adopted (130887) -HJ 1135, 1137
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1137, 1138
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 1137, 1138
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.