CS/SB 1044: Victims of Human Trafficking
Victims of Human Trafficking; Citing this act as the “Civil Cause of Action for Victims of Human Trafficking Act”; providing a civil cause of action for victims of human trafficking against a trafficker or facilitator; providing that such actions are not subject to a statute of limitations; providing an affirmative defense for owners or operators of public lodging establishments under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 2/21/2018 Senate - On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 80
• Introduced -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/12/18, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 350
• Now in Rules -SJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.