SB 538: State and Local Governmental Relations with The Government of Venezuela
GENERAL BILL by Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodriguez ; Negron ; Baxley ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Book ; Bracy ; Braynon ; Campbell ; Farmer ; Flores ; Galvano ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hukill ; Lee ; Mayfield ; Montford ; Passidomo ; Perry ; Powell ; Rader ; Rouson ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Stargel ; Steube ; Stewart ; Taddeo ; Thurston ; Torres ; Young
State and Local Governmental Relations with The Government of Venezuela; Requiring the State Board of Administration to divest investments, and prohibiting it from investment, in any institution or company or subsidiary of a company domiciled in the United States which does business in or with the government of Venezuela or its agencies or instrumentalities in violation of federal law; authorizing the Governor to waive such requirements under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 359 -SJ 821
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 43
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 01/29/18, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 409
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 409
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 912
• Read 2nd time -SJ 821
• Substituted HB 359 -SJ 821
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 359 -SJ 821
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.