HJR 7001: Supermajority Vote for State Taxes or Fees
JOINT RESOLUTION by Ways and Means Committee ; Leek ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Eagle ; Fischer ; Ingoglia ; Metz
Supermajority Vote for State Taxes or Fees; Proposes amendment to State Constitution to prohibit a state tax or fee from being imposed or raised except through legislation approved by two-thirds of each house of legislature; requires a state tax or fee imposed or raised to be contained in separate bill that contains no other subject.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/09/18, 4:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 240
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 8 -HJ 312
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 312
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 397
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 417
• Passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 29 -HJ 417
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 265
• Received -SJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/20/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (813842); YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 374
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 374
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 7 -SJ 409
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 409
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18 -SJ 564
• Read 2nd time -SJ 545
• Amendment(s) failed (751148) -SJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 697
• Passed; YEAS 25 NAYS 13 -SJ 698
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 941
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.