CS/SB 7008: OGSR/Local Government Electric Utility
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities
OGSR/Local Government Electric Utility; Amending provisions which provides an exemption from public records requirements for proprietary confidential business information held by a local government electric utility; redefining the term “proprietary confidential business information” to narrow the exemption; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 7095 -SJ 784
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 11/14/17, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 93
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Rules -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 784
• Substituted HB 7095 -SJ 784
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 7095 -SJ 784
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.