HB 7019: Pub. Rec./Minor Victims of Sexual Offenses
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Sullivan
Pub. Rec./Minor Victims of Sexual Offenses; Expands exemption from public records requirements for any information in videotaped statement of minor who is alleged to be or who is victim of sexual battery, lewd acts, or other sexual misconduct; provides for future review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 243
• Introduced -HJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 355
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 441
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 580
• Read 3rd time -HJ 580
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 580
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 381
• Received -SJ 381
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.