CS/SB 8: Controlled Substances
Controlled Substances; Prohibiting managed care plans and their fiscal agents or intermediaries from imposing certain requirements or conditions on recipients as a prerequisite to receiving medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services to treat substance abuse disorders; authorizing certain boards to require practitioners to complete a specified board-approved continuing education course to obtain authorization to prescribe controlled substances as part of biennial license renewal; authorizing disciplinary action against practitioners for violating specified provisions relating to controlled substances; prohibiting the dispensing of certain controlled substances in an amount that exceeds a 3-day supply or a medically necessary 7-day supply if certain criteria are met, etc. APPROPRIATION: $53,555,360.00
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 21 (Ch. 2018-13) -SJ 799
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• Introduced -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/24/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 206
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Rules -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/01/18, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/07/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 799
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 21 -SJ 799
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 21 (Ch. 2018-13) -SJ 799
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.