The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 94: Child Care Facilities
Child Care Facilities; Citing this act as the "Child Safety Alarm Act"; requiring that, by a specified date, vehicles used by child care facilities and large family child care homes to transport children be equipped with a reliable alarm system that prompts the driver to inspect the vehicle for children before exiting the vehicle; requiring the Department of Children and Families to adopt by rule minimum safety standards and to maintain a list of approved alarm manufacturers and alarm systems, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/22/19, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/05/19, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 39
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/03/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 425
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 478
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 478, 479
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.