CS/CS/SB 336: Local Tax Referenda
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Finance and Tax ; Brandes
Local Tax Referenda; Providing that a referendum to adopt or amend a local discretionary sales surtax must be held at a general election; requiring a county to make the proposed referendum and a specified legal opinion available on its official website; requiring a supervisor of elections to verify petition signatures and retain signature forms in a specified manner, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64) -SJ 781
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Finance and Tax; Rules -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/13/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 158
• Now in Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/20/19, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 381
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 781
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 5 -SJ 781
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64) -SJ 781
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.