CS/HB 487: Carrying of Firearms by Tactical Medical Professionals
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Smith, D. ; Gottlieb ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Byrd ; Fetterhoff ; Grall ; Gregory ; Hill ; LaMarca ; Overdorf ; Robinson ; Roth ; Sabatini
Carrying of Firearms by Tactical Medical Professionals; Exempting certain licensed medical professionals from specified provisions concerning the carrying of firearms; requiring certain policies and procedures for law enforcement agencies; providing such professionals have no duty to retreat in certain circumstances; providing immunities and privileges for such professionals; providing construction; requiring the appointing law enforcement agency to issue to tactical medical professionals any firearm or ammunition, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Health Quality Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 61
• Introduced -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Now in Health Quality Subcommittee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 498
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 498
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 583
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 583
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 715
• Read 3rd time -HJ 715
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 2 -HJ 716
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 458
• Received -SJ 458
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 588
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 722 -SJ 588
• Read 2nd time -SJ 588
• Amendment(s) adopted (764278) -SJ 588
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 632
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 633
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (764278) -HJ 1125
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 106 NAYS 7 -HJ 1126
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1126
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-77
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.