CS/CS/SB 722: Carrying of Firearms by Tactical Medical Professionals
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Hooper
Carrying of Firearms by Tactical Medical Professionals; Exempting certain licensed medical professionals from specified provisions concerning the carrying of firearms; requiring certain policies and procedures for law enforcement agencies; providing immunities and privileges for such professionals; requiring the appointing law enforcement agency to issue any firearm or ammunition to tactical medical professionals, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 487 (Ch. 2019-77) -SJ 588
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/02/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 452
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19 -SJ 611
• Read 2nd time -SJ 588
• Substituted CS/HB 487 -SJ 588
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 487 (Ch. 2019-77) -SJ 588
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.