SB 742: Designation of Eligible Telecommunications Carriers
GENERAL BILL by Braynon
Designation of Eligible Telecommunications Carriers; Including certain commercial mobile radio service providers within the definition of the term "eligible telecommunications carrier"; authorizing the Public Service Commission to designate any commercial mobile radio service provider as an eligible telecommunications carrier for the limited purpose of providing Lifeline service; deleting a provision requiring carriers to allow subscribers to demonstrate continued eligibility for Lifeline service under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2019 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 03/19/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 255
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/02/19, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.