The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 959: Public Assistance
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Zika
Public Assistance; Requires managing entities to provide local workforce development boards with information about providers of behavioral health services; revises penalties for noncompliance with work requirements for receipt of temporary cash assistance; requires DEO to inform participants in temporary cash assistance program of work requirements & sanctions & penalties for noncompliance with work requirements; prohibits use or acceptance of EBT card at specified locations; requires local workforce development boards to provide list of local providers of behavioral health services to temporary cash assistance recipients; directs AHCA to seek federal approval to require Medicaid enrollees to provide proof to DCF of engagement in work activities for receipt of temporary cash assistance as condition of eligibility & enrollment. APPROPRIATION: $952,360
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 97
• Introduced -HJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 8:30 am, 12 HOB -- Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 03/20/19, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 479
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 478
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 475
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.