CS/SB 1112: Taxation
Taxation; Revising the definition of the term “inventory,” for purposes of ad valorem taxation except for school district levies, to include certain construction equipment owned by a heavy equipment rental dealer; increasing the discount under the affordable housing property exemption; renaming the term “mail order sale” as “remote sale” and revising the definition; providing a sales tax refund to an eligible job training organization on its sales of goods donated to the organization, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2019 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/11/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/16/19, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 387
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.