CS/SB 1316: Civic Education
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Brandes
Civic Education; Revising the requirements for a standard high school diploma to include a specified course; establishing the Florida Seal of Civic Engagement Program; providing that a nonpartisan civic literacy project may be included in service-learning programs, activities, or policies; authorizing certain students to complete a nonpartisan civic literacy project; providing that earning the Seal of Civic Engagement demonstrates competency in civic literacy for specified purposes, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 131
• Introduced -SJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/19/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 269
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.