CS/CS/SB 1418: Mental Health
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Powell
Mental Health; Requiring service providers to disclose information from a clinical record under certain circumstances relating to threats to cause serious bodily injury or death; requiring psychiatrists to disclose certain patient communications for purposes of notifying law enforcement agencies of certain threats; revising responsibilities of the Department of Education and the Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention, etc.
Last Action: 6/14/2019 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 141
• Introduced -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 284
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 321
• Now in Rules
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 388
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/19 -SJ 578
• Read 2nd time -SJ 559
• Read 3rd time -SJ 559
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 559, 560
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1016
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1016
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1071
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1111
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1111
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 766
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.