CS/SB 7006: Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary
Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act; Designating the “Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act”; requiring a party to submit a foreign subpoena to a clerk of court in this state for the issuance of a subpoena in this state; requiring the clerk of court to promptly issue a subpoena for service upon the person to whom the foreign subpoena is directed; requiring that the service of the subpoena be served in compliance with the laws of this state and the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2019 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 402
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/22/19, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Rules -SJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/20/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/19 -SJ 186
• Introduced -SJ 145
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 157
• Read 2nd time -SJ 185
• Read 3rd time -SJ 185
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Immediately certified -SJ 186
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 577
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Received -HJ 577
• Substituted for HB 783 -HJ 602
• Read 2nd time -HJ 602
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 640
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 640
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 402
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 402
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.