CS/CS/HB 337: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Leek
Courts; Providing for modified revenue projection relating to proposed budget of clerks of the court; requiring specified filing fees for appeals from certain county courts; increasing the jurisdictional limit for actions at law by county courts on specified dates; providing county court civil filing fees for claims of specified values, etc.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 46
• Introduced -HJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall -- Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/20/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 484
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 496
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/19, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 566
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 566
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 744
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 736
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 790
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 806
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 499
• Received -SJ 498
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 769
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 328 -SJ 769
• Read 2nd time -SJ 769
• Amendment(s) adopted (252840)
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 878
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 878
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (938140) -HJ 1246, 1255
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 1256
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1256
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-58
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.