SB 530: Alcohol or Drug Overdose Prosecutions
Alcohol or Drug Overdose Prosecutions; Prohibiting the arrest, charge, prosecution, or penalization under specified provisions of a person acting in good faith who seeks medical assistance for an individual experiencing, or believed to be experiencing, an alcohol-related overdose; prohibiting the arrest, charge, prosecution, or penalization under specified provisions of a person acting in good faith who seeks medical assistance for an individual experiencing, or believed to be experiencing, a drug-related overdose, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 595 -SJ 449
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/19/19, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/19, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Introduced -SJ 69
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/10/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19 -SJ 413
• Read 2nd time -SJ 412
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 449
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 595 -SJ 449
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 595 -SJ 449
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.