HB 943: Driver License Reinstatement Days
GENERAL BILL by LaMarca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McGhee ; Watson, C.
Driver License Reinstatement Days; Requires each judicial circuit to establish Driver License Reinstatement Days program for reinstating suspended or revoked driver licenses; requires participation by certain entities; provides event scheduling requirements; authorizes waiver of certain fees; provides program eligibility requirements; requires clerks of court & DHSMV to verify information necessary for driver license reinstatement.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Judiciary Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/05/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 96
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 352
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/18/19, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 28 NAYS 0 -HJ 447
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 447
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.