SB 294: Crimes Against Veterans
Crimes Against Veterans; Citing this act as the "Florida Veterans Protection Act"; providing an enhanced sentence for any person who commits aggravated white collar crimes against a certain number of veterans by obtaining or attempting to obtain a specified amount of money; providing criminal penalties, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 659
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 11/13/19, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 24
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/29/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20 -SJ 374
• Read 2nd time -SJ 373
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 409
• Amendment(s) failed (940772) -SJ 409
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 410
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 809
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 809
• Read 2nd time -HJ 991
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1026
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1027
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 659
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.