CS/HB 1257: Community Associations
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Tomkow
Community Associations; Providing that certain associations may represent, prosecute, or defend owners in certain proceedings; providing unit or parcel owners options for defending a tax suit; authorizing the Division of Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes to adopt rules, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 112
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 399
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 449
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/03/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 483
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 483
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 629
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 626
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 900
• Amendment(s) adopted (355827, 512527) -HJ 900, 901
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 977
• Amendment(s) adopted (760695) -HJ 977, 978
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 978
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 657
• Received -SJ 657
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.