CS/HB 103: Subpoenas
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gottlieb ; Fernandez-Barquin
Subpoenas; Revises definition of term "properly served"; authorizes applicant to petition court to compel compliance with subpoena; authorizes court to address noncompliance as indirect criminal contempt & impose daily fine.
Last Action: 2/20/2020 House - CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 612
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/14/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 12/11/19, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 303
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 303
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 589
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 612
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 612
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.