CS/SB 404: Parental Consent for Abortion
Parental Consent for Abortion; Creating the "Parental Consent for Abortion Act"; prohibiting a physician from performing an abortion on a minor unless the physician has been presented with consent from the minor’s parent or guardian, as appropriate; providing an exception for a medical emergency; authorizing a minor to petition any circuit court in which the minor resides for a waiver of consent required to obtain an abortion, etc.
Last Action: 1/22/2020 Senate - CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 7
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/12/19, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Amendment(s) Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 12/10/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 134
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/15/20, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 31
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 125
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 154
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 7
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.