CS/CS/HB 967: Clerks of the Court
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gregory
Clerks of the Court; Requires clerks of court to submit request for reimbursement for jury-related costs to Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation within specified timeframes; requires corporation to review requests for reimbursement; requires corporation to submit certain information to commission; requires JAC to review information & submit request for payment; removes provision authorizing commission to apportion funds among counties for certain purposes.
Last Action: 2/20/2020 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 439
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 437
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 550
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 602
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.