Use the Bill List tab to filter the bill list or search bill text. Use the Bill Search tab to search all bills and related documents, such as analyses and amendments, including those on the archive site. Bills from sessions prior to 2011 are available on the Florida Senate archive site.
Searching: 2018, Senate Bills, 320 (FL Statutes)
25 Bills Found
|Number||Title||Filed By||Last Action and Location||Track Bill|
|SB 78||Motor Vehicle Insurance Online Verification System||Campbell||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 13|
|SB 142||Specialty License Plates/Sun Sea Smiles||Campbell||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 17|
|SB 150||Motor Vehicle Insurance||Lee||Last Action: 2/23/2018 S On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/28/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building|
|SB 160||Specialty License Plates||Bean||Last Action: 2/7/2018 S CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 298|
|SB 172||License Plates for Persons with Disabilities||Brandes||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 19|
|SB 176||Traffic Infraction Detectors||Hutson||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 20|
|SB 290||Motor Vehicle Registration Applications||Rouson||Last Action: 2/7/2018 S CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 299|
|SB 468||Specialty License Plates/Ronald Reagan License Plate||Baxley||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 38|
|SB 504||Motor Vehicles||Perry||Last Action: 2/20/2018 S CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 356|
|SB 548||Traffic Infraction Detectors||Campbell||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 45|
|SB 554||Specialty License Plates/Orlando United||Stewart||Last Action: 1/9/2018 S Introduced -SJ 45|
|SB 616||Motor Vehicle Dealers||Passidomo||Last Action: 2/23/2018 S Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)|
|SB 672||Truck License Taxes||Stargel||Last Action: 1/17/2018 S Now in Appropriations -SJ 162|
|SB 752||Specialty License Plates/Childhood Cancer Awareness||Mayfield||Last Action: 2/16/2018 S Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353|
|SB 796||Specialty License Plates/Florida State Beekeepers Association||Rader||Last Action: 1/10/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 141|
|SB 1050||Specialty License Plates/Orlando City Soccer Club||Bracy||Last Action: 2/6/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 296|
|SB 1104||Commercial Motor Vehicles||Brandes||Last Action: 2/16/2018 S Now in Appropriations -SJ 354|
|SB 1154||License Plate Decals for Organ Donors||Perry||Last Action: 2/6/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 296|
|SB 1170||Transportation||Perry||Last Action: 1/18/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 204|
|SB 1248||Specialty License Plates/Coastal Conservation Association||Gainer||Last Action: 2/16/2018 S Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353|
|SB 1342||Florida Statutes||Benacquisto||Last Action: 1/11/2018 S Introduced -SJ 154|
|SB 1414||Specialty License Plates||Rouson||Last Action: 2/8/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 297|
|SB 1472||Disabled Parking Permits||Farmer||Last Action: 1/25/2018 S Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 226|
|SB 1552||Juvenile Justice||Bracy||Last Action: 2/23/2018 S Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)|
|SB 1594||Nursing||Brandes||Last Action: 2/22/2018 S Now in Rules|
Enter a search term in the search box. Bills evolve into different versions as they are amended throughout the legislative process. "Current Bill Version" is selected by default and will only return search results for the latest version of bills in the selected session. Choose "All Bill Versions" to search for the term in all versions of all bills in the selected session. Choose "Include Amendments" to also search all amendment text.
- Stemming - Your search result may contain suffixes of the word used. This is called stemming. For example: If you search for the word bicycle, your search will return a broad result on bicycle, bicycles, and bicycling.
- Wildcards - If stemming does not return a broad enough result, use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard at the end or beginning of a word, or for a portion of a word. For example: If you type govern* in the Search box, the search will return a broad result on Govern, governs, governed, governing, government, governmental, governor.
- Multiple-word Searches - Two or more words separated by a comma. Will find returns that contain each word.
- Phrase Searches - Similar to multiple-word searches, except words are not separated by a comma. When federal census is entered into the search box, returns contain both federal and census.
- Quotation Marks - Put quotation marks around multiple words for results with the words together. When "federal census" is entered into the search box, returns contain federal census together.
Boolean Operators - Specify words, exclude words, or add complex combinations of words to be queried by using Boolean Operators.
Boolean Operators should be represented by words (and, or, not) and not symbols (&, |, ^).
- AND logic retrieves records in which all terms are present. A search for dog and cat will return records with both dog and cat. The more terms you combine in a search with AND logic, the fewer results you will retrieve. A search for dog and cat and fish will result in fewer returns than just dog and cat.
- OR logic retrieves all the unique records containing one term, the other term, or both of them. OR logic is most commonly used to search for synonymous terms or concepts, such as "college or university". A search for dog or cat will result in records that have at least one of the terms.
- NOT logic excludes records from your search results. A search for dog not cat will result in records that mention dog but do not mention cat. Be careful when using NOT. The term you want may be present in records that also contain the word you wish to avoid.
The vast majority of bills cite the Florida Statutes, however they can also cite the Florida Constitution or Laws of Florida.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Statutes. Citations are formatted as “chapter.section”. If you add a number without a “.”, such as “120”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Chapter 120—including bills creating new sections in Chapter 120.
To search for specific section citations, you must include the chapter number, such as “120.555”. Bills cite the current version of the Florida Statutes at the time the bill is filed. For example, the 2013 Statues were published to reflect the changes that were made during the 2013 Legislative Session. Statute citations for bills in the 2014 Legislative Session cite the 2013 Florida Statutes.
Use the Citation search field to determine which bills (latest version) cite sections of the Florida Constitution. Citations are formatted as “article, section”. The field will accept roman or arabic numerals, separated by a comma or period. If you add a number without a comma or period, such as “10”, the search engine will automatically add a “.” at the end, so the search will return results for all bills that cite sections in Article 10—including bills creating new sections in Article 10.