2010 Florida Statutes
590.015 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Division” means the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(2) “Fire management services” means presuppression fireline plowing, contract prescribed burning, prescribed and wildfire management training, and other activities associated with prevention, detection, and suppression of wildfires.
(3) “Fuel reduction” means the application of techniques that reduce vegetative fuels, and may include prescribed burning, manual and mechanical clearing, and the use of herbicides.
(4) “Wildfire” means any vegetative fire that threatens to destroy life, property, or natural resources.
(5) “Wild land” means any public or private managed or unmanaged forest, urban/interface, pasture or range land, recreation lands, or any other land at risk of wildfire.
History.—s. 2, ch. 99-292; s. 31, ch. 2000-308.