Senator Oscar Braynon, II
- Regulated Industries, Vice Chair
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
- Ethics and Elections
- Health Policy
Consists of parts of Broward, and Miami-Dade counties
Relief of Javier Soria by Palm Beach County
Last Action: 7/29/2014 Filed
No bills co-introduced.
Personal & Career
- Elected to the Senate, March 1, 2011, reelected subsequently
- House of Representatives, 2008-2011
Other Public Service
- City of Miami Gardens, Council member, 2003-2008
- City of Miami Gardens, Vice Mayor 2005-2007
Honors and Awards
- One of the youngest politicians ever elected in Miami-Dade County
- Featured in "Who's Who in Black South Florida"
- Featured in Success Magazine's "40 Under 40 Most Influential Black Professionals"
- Featured in Ebony Magazine's "30 Leaders Under 30"
- Brentwood Elementary, Principal for a Day, 2006, 2007
- 5000 Role Models, member
- Historic St. Agnes Episcopal Church, Fifth Generation, member
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Miami Alumni Chapter, member
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, Executive Board, member
|Spouse:||Melissa of Miami|
|Children:||Oscar, III; Brandon|
|Born:||February 1, 1977 in Corpus Christi, Texas|