Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla
- Judiciary, Chair
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
- Community Affairs
- Finance and Tax
- Regulated Industries
Consists of part of Miami-Dade county
Introduced in 2016
No bills introduced.
Co-Introduced in 2016
No bills co-introduced.
Personal & Career
- Elected to the Senate in 2010, reelected subsequently
Other Public Service
- Former Miami-Dade County Commissioner, elected 1993; re-elected 1996 and chosen as Chair
- Tri-Rail Commuter Rail Authority Board of Directors,1993-1997; Chair, 1996
- South Regional Planning Council, board member, 1994-1998
- Governor's Commission for a Sustainable South Florida, 1993-1994
- Miami Dade County Public Schools Facilities and Maintenance Advisory Board, 2004-2006
Honors and Awards
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, "Government and Administrative Law Practice"
- South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyers, Government and Administrative Law Practice"
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Pre-Eminent Rated
- National Rifle Association
- Builders Association of South Florida, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association (State and Local Government Section)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Coral Gables Elementary PTA
- Coral Gables Cultural Development Board Member
|Born:||January 30 in Miami, Florida|