CS/CS/HB 1261: Election Ballots
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; State Affairs Committee ; Corcoran ; Legg ; Young ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins
Election Ballots; Revises terminology relating to election ballots; transfers to new subsection requirements applicable to joint resolutions; provides that joint resolution may include ballot summary or alternate ballot summaries, listed in order of preference, describing chief purpose of amendment or revision in clear & unambiguous language; requires joint resolution to specify placement on ballot of ballot title & either ballot summary embodied in joint resolution or full text of proposed amendment or revision, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 114
• Referred to State Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 220
• PCS on Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 601
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 600
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 598
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 660
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/20/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 750
• CS passed; YEAS 79 NAYS 38 -HJ 751
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.