CS/CS/HB 245: Depopulation Programs of Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Costello
Depopulation Programs of Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Provides eligible surplus lines insurers may participate, in same manner & on same terms as authorized insurer, in depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs relating to policies removed from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; provides exceptions, conditions, & requirements relating to participation by surplus lines insurer in corporation's depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs; authorizes information from underwriting files & confidential files to be released by corporation to specified entities considering writing or underwriting risks insured by corporation; specifies that only corporation's transfer of policy file to insurer, as opposed to transfer of any file, changes file's public record status.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Location: In returning messages from Senate
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/02/11, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 174
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 169
• Introduced -HJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 01/12/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 163
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 237
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 235
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 232
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 442
• Amendment(s) adopted (142083) -HJ 442
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 476
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 66 NAYS 48 -HJ 476
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 679
• Received -SJ 679
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 719
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 719
• Substituted for CS/SB 578 -SJ 719
• Read 2nd time -SJ 719
• Amendment(s) pending (808810) -SJ 720
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/12
• Amendment(s) adopted (354346, 355708, 434348, 455938, 669766, 749354, 770286, 772468, 808192, 816218) -SJ 793, 794
• Pending amendment(s), withdrawn (808810) -SJ 798
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 872
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 26 NAYS 8 -SJ 872
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 9 amendment(s) (354346, 355708, 434348, 669766, 749354, 770286, 772468, 808192, 816218) -HJ 1142
• Temporarily postponed -HJ 1143
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.