CS/HB 409: Alien Insurers
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hooper
Alien Insurers; Revises provision exempting alien insurers from being required to obtain certificate of authority; deletes insurer's ownership of or control over affiliated persons as disqualification for exemptions; revises definition of term "nonresident"; exempts alien life or annuity insurers from obtaining certificate of authority based upon certain requirements; establishes conditions; provides requirements to maintain exemptions; authorizes OIR to conduct examinations or investigations; provides application & enforcement authority with respect to part IX of ch. 626, relating to unfair insurance trade practices; exempts eligible insurers from payment of premium taxes; requires that certain applications for life insurance policy or annuity contract contain specified statements; provides for violations & penalties.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Location: In committee/council (BI)
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 41
• Introduced -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/30/12, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 525
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 718
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 766
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 767
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 815
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 815
• Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.