CS/HB 483: Uniform Commercial Code
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Passidomo
Uniform Commercial Code; Revises & provides provisions of Florida Uniform Commercial Code relating to secured transactions to conform to revised Article 9 of Uniform Commercial Code as prepared by National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws.
Last Action: 4/7/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-59
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 1:30 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 174
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 12/07/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 176
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 176
• Introduced -HJ 48
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 167
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/12, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 298
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 298
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 326
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 468
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 469
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 702
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 702
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 737
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 737
• Substituted for SB 1090 -SJ 737
• Read 2nd time -SJ 737
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 774
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 774
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1059
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-59
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.