CS/CS/SB 492: Education
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations ; Higher Education ; Braynon
Education; Repealing provisions relating to a K-12 foreign language curriculum plan, a pilot project that allows school districts to award alternative credit for high school courses, aspirational goals for the professional credentials of prekindergarten instructors, the development by state universities and Florida College System institutions of substance abuse training programs, incentives for urban or socially and economically disadvantaged area internships, authorization for the Department of Education to contract with the Florida Sheriffs Association to operate a statewide school safety hotline, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/09/12, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 264
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 264
• CS by Higher Education read 1st time -SJ 269
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 282
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 02/28/12, 2:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 745
• Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.