CS/SB 1174: Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State
GENERAL BILL by Reapportionment ; Reapportionment
Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State; Redistricting the state’s congressional districts in accordance with the United States Decennial Census of 2010 (plan H000C9047); amending provisions relating to the inclusion of unlisted territory in contiguous districts; reenacting provisions which provide for the election of representatives to the United States House of Representatives; providing for severability; providing for applicability, etc.
Last Action: 2/17/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-2
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• SPB 7032 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1174) by Reapportionment
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 01/11/12, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 95
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 21 NAYS 5 -SJ 136
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 136
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/17/12
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 166
• Read 2nd time -SJ 171
• Amendment(s) adopted (236642) -SJ 171
• Read 3rd time -SJ 213
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 6 -SJ 213
• Immediately certified -SJ 213
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 286, 302
• Received -HJ 286, 302
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 399
• Amendment(s) adopted (832579) -HJ 399
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 472
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 37 -HJ 473
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (832579) -SJ 358, 405
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 5 -SJ 405
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 508
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 508
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-2
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.