CS/CS/SB 1256: Administration of Property Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Administration of Property Taxes; Revising the definitions of the terms “assessed value of property” and “complete submission of the rolls”; providing that a taxpayer has a right to have a hearing before the value adjustment board rescheduled if the hearing is not commenced within a certain period after the scheduled time; limiting the review of changes in the assessed value of real property resulting from an informal conference with the taxpayer to a review by the Department of Revenue or a designated entity; deleting provisions requiring that the tax collector report amounts of deferred tax liability to the Department of Revenue; authorizing servicemembers who receive a homestead exemption and who are deployed in certain military operations to receive an additional ad valorem tax exemption, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2012-193), CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159) -SJ 1329
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7036 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1256) by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Referred to Budget; Rules -SJ 139
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 161
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 01/24/12, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Now in Budget -SJ 280
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/29/12, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 805
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 807
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 907
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1328
• Substituted CS/HB 7097 -SJ 1329
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2012-193), CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159) -SJ 1329
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.