CS/SB 1312: Administrative Authority
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Gaetz
Administrative Authority; Clarifying the authority of the Governor; revising the definition of the terms “head of the department” and “secretary”; amending provisions relating to powers and duties of department heads; declaring policy regarding executive authority with respect to the Administrative Procedure Act; providing for removal of duplicative, redundant, or unused rulemaking authority as part of the reviser's bill process; deleting authority of the Department of State to adopt rules relating to the issuance of apostilles; repealing rulemaking authority of the Secretary of State with respect to entering into contracts that are primarily for promotional services and events, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2012-116), HB 4027 (Ch. 2012-91) -SJ 1129
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 142
• Introduced -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/12, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 279
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 556
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/29/12, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 13 NAYS 6 -SJ 776
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 779
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1127
• Amendment(s) failed (427946, 455838, 734772, 802406) -SJ 1128
• Substituted CS/HB 7055 -SJ 1129
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2012-116), HB 4027 (Ch. 2012-91) -SJ 1129
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.