SB 1570: Justices and Judges
GENERAL BILL by Simmons
Justices and Judges; Providing that, for a retired justice or retired judge who has consented to temporary duty in any court, the definition of the term “termination” in ch. 121, F.S., does not apply, and termination occurs when the retired justice or judge ceases all nontemporary, active duty as a judge and retires from the Florida Retirement System; providing that, with the exception of members selected from a list of nominees provided by the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar, a current member of a judicial nominating commission appointed by the Governor serves at the pleasure of the Governor; providing that specified provisions of the act relating to retired justices and judges take effect only if the Legislature appropriates sufficient funds and the State Courts Administrator certifies that the appropriation was made and that the appropriation was not vetoed by the Governor, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 934
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 160
• Introduced -SJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 743
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 886
• Amendment(s) adopted (829544) -SJ 886
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 886
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 934
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 971 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 934
• Laid on Table -SJ 934
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.