SB 1994: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Postsecondary Education; Deleting provisions creating the University of South Florida Polytechnic; requiring that the Florida Polytechnic University meet certain criteria established by the Board of Governors by a specified date; requiring that students enrolled at the University of South Florida Polytechnic be afforded the opportunity to complete their degrees at the University of South Florida; transferring all real and personal property, licenses and associated revenues, existing contracts, unexpended balances, appropriations, allocations, funds, and mutually agreed-upon obligations, responsibilities, and liabilities from the University of South Florida which relate to the University of South Florida Polytechnic campus, as determined by the Board of Trustees of the University of South Florida and the Board of Trustees of the Florida Polytechnic University, to the Florida Polytechnic University, etc. APPROPRIATION: $16,000,000.00
Last Action: 4/22/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-129, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7100 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1994) by Budget
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 529
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12
• Introduced -SJ 529
• Read 2nd time -SJ 613
• Amendment(s) adopted (962672) -SJ 614
• Read 3rd time -SJ 614
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 4 -SJ 614
• Requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to conference -SJ 614
• Immediately certified -SJ 614
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 837
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 838
• Read 2nd time -HJ 838
• Amendment(s) adopted (459647) -HJ 838
• Read 3rd time -HJ 838
• Passed as amended; YEAS 101 NAYS 10 -HJ 838
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 846
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives O'Toole (Chair), Proctor (Co-Chair), Gonzalez (Co-Chair), Ahern, Bullard, Harrison, Nunez, Oliva, Passidomo, Reed, Stargel, Taylor, Trujillo, Williams, A. -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1206
• Conference Committee Report adopted (923374) -SJ 1207
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 36 NAYS 4 -SJ 1209
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1623
• Conference Committee Report adopted (923374) -HJ 1626
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 86 NAYS 31 -HJ 1626
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1679
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-129, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.