CS/CS/SB 2024: State Retirement
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
State Retirement; Clarifying the definitions of the terms “normal retirement date” and “vesting”; authorizing distributions to a member who is terminated from employment for 1 calendar month if the member has reached the normal retirement date; clarifying provisions related to the prohibition of hardship loans or payments; clarifying that a retiree who is reemployed in a regularly established position after a certain date may not be enrolled as a renewed member; providing that a benefit for the purposes of the optional retirement program for the State University System includes a certain distribution, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7079 (Ch. 2012-222) -SJ 1041
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7040 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2024) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 254
• Introduced -SJ 254
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/12, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 301
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 301
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 776
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 783
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1040
• Substituted CS/HB 7079 -SJ 1041
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7079 (Ch. 2012-222) -SJ 1041
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.