CS/CS/HB 367: Restraint of Incarcerated Pregnant Women
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Reed ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Campbell ; Fullwood ; Julien ; Pafford ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Rouson ; Stafford
Restraint of Incarcerated Pregnant Women; Cites act as "Healthy Pregnancies for Incarcerated Women Act"; prohibits use of restraints on prisoner known to be pregnant during labor, delivery, & postpartum recovery unless corrections official makes individualized determination that prisoner presents extraordinary circumstance; authorizes officer to apply restraints after consulting with medical staff; requires restraint to be in least restrictive manner; requires written findings as to extraordinary circumstance requiring restraints; restricts use of certain restraints during 3rd trimester unless significant security concerns are documented; requires that findings be kept on file for specified minimum period; authorizes woman restrained in violation of act to file grievance; directs DOC & DJJ to adopt rules; requires correctional institutions to inform female prisoners of such rules.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 524 (Ch. 2012-41) -HJ 1134
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 37
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/17/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 237
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 235
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/14/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 855
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 848
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Substituted SB 524
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 524 (Ch. 2012-41) -HJ 1134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.