SB 524: Restraint of Incarcerated Pregnant Women
GENERAL BILL by Joyner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Restraint of Incarcerated Pregnant Women; Citing this act as the “Healthy Pregnancies for Incarcerated Women Act"; prohibiting use of restraints on a prisoner known to be pregnant during labor, delivery, and postpartum recovery unless a corrections official makes an individualized determination that the prisoner presents an extraordinary circumstance requiring restraints; restricting the use of certain restraints during the third trimester of pregnancy unless there are significant security concerns documented by the Department of Corrections or correctional institution, etc.
Last Action: 4/7/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-41
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• Referred to Criminal Justice -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 12/07/11, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 111
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/10/12
• Introduced -SJ 46
• Read 2nd time -SJ 10
• Read 3rd time -SJ 10
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 10
• Immediately certified -SJ 10
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1101
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Received -HJ 1101
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1134
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 367 -HJ 1134
• Amendment(s) adopted (603303) -HJ 1134
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1166
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 1166
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (603303) -SJ 1050
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1052
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1052
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-41
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.