CS/HB 509: Insurance Corporations
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Van Zant
Insurance Corporations; Provides that certain corporations include licensed mutual insurers as well as licensed stock insurers; authorizes mutual insurance holding company to acquire certain interests or assets in specified not-for-profit entities; authorizes articles of incorporation & bylaws of mutual insurance holding company to provide restrictions with respect to certain rights of class of members consisting of policyholders in not-for-profit health care plan; provides requirements & applicability with respect to dividends or distributions by not-for-profit insurance company subsidiary to its mutual insurance holding company; revises definition of term "distribution" to provide construction with respect to dividends or distribution by not-for-profit insurance company subsidiary to its mutual insurance holding company.
Last Action: 4/26/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 356 (Ch. 2013-125) -HJ 904
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 59
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 306
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 306
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/27/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 414
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 412
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 433
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Substituted SB 356 -HJ 904
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 356 (Ch. 2013-125) -HJ 904
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.