CS/CS/SB 1046: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Insurance; Postponing the date that repeals the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund emergency assessment exemption for medical malpractice insurance premiums; authorizing a uniform motor vehicle proof-of-insurance card to be in an electronic format; requiring each insurance agency to be under the control of an agent licensed to transact certain lines of insurance; establishing a Citizens Sinkhole Stabilization Repair Program for sinkhole claims; increasing the amount of prior notice required with respect to the nonrenewal, cancellation, or termination of certain insurance policies, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 157 (Ch. 2013-190), CS/HB 1191 (Ch. 2013-209), CS/CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2013-160), SB 356 (Ch. 2013-125), CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66), CS/SB 1842 (Ch. 2013-101) -SJ 706
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 76
• Introduced -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/02/13, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 346
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/17/13, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 481
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 489
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 705
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 635 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 706
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 157 (Ch. 2013-190), CS/HB 1191 (Ch. 2013-209), CS/CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2013-160), SB 356 (Ch. 2013-125), CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66), CS/SB 1842 (Ch. 2013-101) -SJ 706
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.