CS/CS/SB 1408: Captive Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Captive Insurance; Replacing the term “captive insurer” with “captive insurance company” in part V of ch. 628, F.S.; expanding the risks that an industrial insured capital insurance company may insure; providing that an industrial insured captive insurance company may provide certain insurance if the company has and maintains unencumbered capital and surplus of a certain amount; conforming terms and requiring captive insurance companies to deposit and maintain securities for the protection of policyholders, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1191 (Ch. 2013-209) -SJ 751
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 160
• Introduced -SJ 160
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/09/13, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 422
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 427
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/15/13, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 476
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 476
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 659
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 659
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 751
• Substituted CS/HB 1191 -SJ 751
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1191 (Ch. 2013-209) -SJ 751
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.