SB 1852: Funding from the National Mortgage Settlement
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Funding from the National Mortgage Settlement; Providing an appropriation from the General Revenue (GR) Fund to the Florida Prepaid Tuition Scholarship Program to purchase 2-year dormitory residence advance payment contracts for certain students; providing an appropriation from the GR Fund to the state courts system to provide technology solutions to expedite foreclosure cases through the judicial process; providing an appropriation from the GR Fund to the Office of the Attorney General to provide legal aid services to low- and moderate-income homeowners facing foreclosure; providing an appropriation from the GR Fund to the Department of Economic Opportunity to provide a grant to Habitat for Humanity of Florida for certain purposes, etc. APPROPRIATION: $200,080,474.00
Last Action: 6/5/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-106
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7146 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1852) by Appropriations
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 364
• Introduced -SJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 603
• Amendment(s) adopted (754392) -SJ 603
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 606
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 682
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 682
• Immediately certified -SJ 708
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 921
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 921
• Read 2nd time -HJ 963
• Substituted for HB 7111 -HJ 963
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1000
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1001
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-106
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.